AUTOMATIC SYSTEMS, a world leader in the automation of secure entrance control, has been designing and manufacturing pedestrian, vehicle and passenger access systems for more than 50 years.
Founded in 1969, Automatic Systems has developed a unique know-how in the design of high-end obstacles, one-person detection and throughput management making it a brand renowned for the quality of its production in terms of performance and reliability. The company is part of the French group Bolloré.
EASIER is the part of Automatic Systems in charge of specific projects for passenger access control (metro, train, airports).
To strengthen our Procurement department, based in our Production site in Wavre, Belgium, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Purchaser.
As a Purchaser, you will be part of the logistic department in a project environment. Your main challenges will be to balance cost/delay/quality defined by the Bid Management, Project Management and R&D in order to meet the customer requirements.
- Develop a close cooperation with the Project Managers, the Planning Department and the Production Department in order to be able to meet the customer requirements on quality and delivery time
- Develop a close cooperation with the Bid department, R&D department and the Project Managers in order to meet the current and future customer requirements
- Manage sourcing, conduct negotiation and coordinate contract implementation with suppliers and the internal stakeholders
- Identify and contract suppliers with the right capacity and capability, meeting the quality requirements defined by the internal Stakeholders and the customer
- Develop a methodology to integrate the supplier’s knowhow in our products
- Be accountable for the design, update and execution of specific category strategies
- Manage and develop the supplier portfolio
- Contract management
- Proactively identifying sourcing opportunities and propose improvement solutions
- Improve the cooperation and relationship with suppliers in order to provide the best balance delay/quality/costs
- Identify, assess and implement cost reductions linked to your categories.
- Manage and resolve issues linked to the procurement process
- Support the implementation of the new ERP system
- You have very a strong knowledge in electrical/ electronic components and/or mechanical manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining, ..) and you can dialogue on an equal footing with the R&D of the company and the supplier
- Great communication skills – Ability to build and maintain effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Positive attitude, stress resistant and optimistic – you are ready to do your best for your customers
Education and Experience
Master or bachelor in a technical field
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in procurement as a category manager role within a technical environment
ERP (MS Dynamics or IFS is a plus)
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Technical plan reading
- Team spirit
- Result oriented person with strong sense of responsibilities and pro-active attitude
- Problem solver
- Cost analyze
- Good communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Empathic and integer
- Dutch (is a plus)
- A permanent contract.
- An opportunity to grow in a constantly evolving environment.
- A salary in accordance with your competences.
- The position is to be filled as soon as possible